Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Mystery Continues

A mysterious man, indeed.

Holmes (disguised, in order to rid himself of unwanted attention) and I arrived at the graveyard. Lestrade found it hard to believe that Blackwood had actually died. But I pronounced the man dead myself, and he had no pulse. After the coffin was brought into the light, we opened it and found inside not Blackwood, but a ginger midget.

Holmes began checking the midget's body out, and I loyally followed. Afterwards, we left, and I asked Holmes if he truly believed Blackwood rose from the dead. Holmes replied, "the question is not if but how. The game's afoot".

While Holmes and I walked through town, discussing the case, we came upon a Gypsy woman who attempted to read my fortune. She said that it involved Mary. First she spoke of two brothers, "not in blood, but in bond". Then she spoke of Mary becoming a fat, hideous creature. This was no doubt one of Holmes' schemes to sabatoge my relationship with Mary.

But no matter. I was off to have tea with Mary and her parents. To make things better, I had finally found the perfect ring for her. But as Holmes left to inspect Blackwood's house on his own, something told me to follow him. At least for a few minutes. Nevertheless, he seemed glad to have someone that he could thoroughly rely on with him.


Holmes searching.

As we searched the home, we deciphered that Blackwood was attempting some odd experimentation with sorcery and science. Holmes figured that Irene Adler had paid a visit, based on the smell of her perfume.

But that smells was soon replaced with another. The smell of ginger apples. Two shabby looking men had entered, and were soon joined by a much larger man. Needless to say, another fight broke out. I took on the two shabby gentelmen, while Holmes cleverly fought off the larger one. Unfortunately, I lost my ring in the process of all of this.


We spent the night in jail, where I consulted my notes of the previous adventures Holmes and I had. It led me to one conclusion: I was psycologically damaged. Why else would I allow Holmes to lead me on these ridiculous, life-threatening cases, and leave behind Mary? I was not at all happy with the fact that Holmes had prevented me from having tea with Mary and her parents. But thankfully, she understood. Mary posted my bond, and I bitterly left Holmes on his own.

Maybe not a loyal decision, but Holmes can fend for himself. Still, it angered me that he would try to ruin my future marriage. Sometimes it's hard to figure out why friends do certain things. Especially when that friend is Sherlock Holmes. Whatever the case, maybe he had a good reason for doing what he did.

- Dr. John Watson.

No comments:

Post a Comment