Saturday, December 1, 2012

But Still...

Naturally I was upset with Holmes. He had no reason to treat Mary or I the way he did. The next day, he and I traveled downtown the jailhouse. Lord Blackwood's last wish was to see Holmes. On our way there, Holmes behaved in his usual rude manner. So rude was he that I had to refrain from punching him.

He talked about how he had made my usual wager at the boxing match the previous night (I did not want to attend, after our little incident with Mary), and how he was going to keep it safely locked away along with the rest of my pay. I was totally silent this entire time, and he took notice of it. He made his usual cracks, and then I just let loose. I gave him that good punch that I had been holding in all along. Holmes didn't seem to take it all that seriously. That's Holmes for you.

Then we got into an argument over my waistcoat. He snatched it away from me, and reminded me how he had told me time and time again to get rid of it. I fought back for it, and eventually wound up throwing it out of the window of our coach. This made us both smile.

The next day, Holmes had had an intruder in his room. His former American girlfriend Irene Adler. For Holmes' well-being, I wanted to know why she was coming back into Holmes' life. But first, we had bigger fish to fry. We were told that Blackwood had apparently raised from the dead. I had trouble believing this, as I had pronounced the man dead myself. Nevertheless, Holmes found the case intriguing.

Before our friend Clarkie told us the bad news, he merely stated that Inspector Lestrade needed our help. "Lost his way to Scotland Yard, has he?", Holmes cracked. This made us both smile.

Yes, despite our arguments, we still have our little fun moments. It just go to show you that no matter how often friends butt heads, they still remain friends at the end of the day.

- Dr. John Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment